34th Meeting of the Ramsar Standing Committee
Malheureusement, il n'y a pas de version française de ce document.
Subgroup on Resolution VIII.45
Report to the 34th Standing Committee
|Action requested: The Standing Committee is invited to note the report of the Subgroup and given consideration to the Subgroup's recommendations.|
1. Members of the Subgroup on Resolution VIII.45 met at the close of the 9th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to discuss ideas for possibly streamlining COP10. Several suggestions were made. These suggestions, presented below, do not represent a consensus of the group, but were simply ideas put forward by group members.
- Limit comments from participants in the COP plenary session on the report of the Secretary General.
- Reduce the number of comments offered at plenary regarding draft Resolutions if it is likely that those draft Resolutions will go to contact groups.
- Hold the COP at a venue easily accessible to all. This will facilitate non-plenary sessions and meetings and discussions.
- Consider whether the day dedicated to technical sessions is productive.
- If the agenda is revised, prepare new, daily agendas.
- Continue efforts to refine the Resolutions process.
2. It is recommended that SC34 place these ideas on the table for consideration by the Subgroup on COP10 in preparation for the next COP.
3. Membership in the Subgroup on Resolution VIII.45 is open to all interested parties, and consequently, new members of the SC are invited to join the Subgroup.
4. The USA has chaired the Subgroup to date and feels the group would benefit from leadership by another Party. Chairing of the Subgroup should be opened to any other Party interested in this position.