The 9th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties
|"Wetlands and water: supporting life, sustaining livelihoods" |
9th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties
to the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar, Iran, 1971)
Kampala, Uganda, 8-15 November 2005
1. As is usually the custom for international events of this nature, Uganda as the host country has assumed the obligation and responsibility to grant visas to representatives of all Contracting Parties and observers invited by the Convention's Secretariat. Delegates requiring visas should complete the required formalities well in advance.
2. Citizens of countries for which an entry visa to Uganda is required should contact Ugandan embassies/missions or consulates listed in Annex 1. Citizens of countries where a visa for Uganda is required but where there is no Ugandan embassy or mission, are encouraged, wherever possible, to obtain a visa from a Ugandan consulate in a neighbouring country.
3. The list of countries whose citizens do not need a visa for travel to Uganda is given in Annex 2.
4. Delegates also need to note that in some cases they may need a transit visa or visas through another country, or countries, before entry into Uganda. Please establish the likely transit point(s) and make arrangements to obtain a transit visa before departure from your country.
5. Delegates who cannot obtain visas prior to departure will be facilitated in obtaining a visa on arrival at Entebbe International Airport and other designated entry points, upon presentation of a valid travel document, invitation to the 9th meeting of the Conference of the Parties, and payment of visa fees of US$30 where applicable. The concerned delegates will be provided with further information later. In order to facilitate this process, the concerned delegates should notify the Ramsar Convention Secretariat and the local organizers well in advance.
6. For further clarification regarding visas for Uganda, delegates may contact the local organizers by e-mail at email@example.com or consult the Wetlands Inspection Division Web site: http://www.ugandawetlands.org/cop9 .
Uganda's missions abroad
|Australia, Canberra |
Congo, Democratic Republic of, Kinshasa
Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
India, New Delhi
Iran (Islamic Republic of) Tehran
|Kenya, Nairobi |
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Tripoli
Russian Federation, Moscow
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
South Africa, Pretoria
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
United Republic of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
United States of America, New York and Washington
Countries for which no visa is required to travel to Uganda
Antigua and Barbuda
Italy (only diplomatic passports)
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
United Republic of Tanzania