News from the CEPA e-mail list
Job Openings: WWF, Communications Manager, New Global ClimateDeal Network Initiative (07/08/08)
WWF, the global conservation organization, is seeking to recruit a
Communications Manager, New Global Climate Deal Network Initiative.
WWF's New Global Climate Deal Network Initiative (GDNI) focuses on reaching a global deal on climate change at the UN conference in Copenhagen in December 2009 that leads to a successful global agreement on reducing carbon emissions.
The Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring the creation and delivery of policy communications for WWF's New Global Climate Deal Network Initiative. The post will focus on delivering communications activities and manage media relations specifically to support WWF's climate policy work.
The key requirements are:
· University level qualifications in a relevant subject
· At least five years communications experience obtained in a national or high-profile organization
· Prior knowledge of WWF's organizational structure, goals, policies and activities is a distinct advantage as is knowledge of climate policy issues
· Success in communicating complex issues in a persuasive way to a wide variety of audiences at all levels using diverse channels (TV, print, radio, web, etc.)
· Experience of working for a non-profit organization
· Proven track record in successful international communications activities undertaken in a multi-cultural setting
· Long-term planning and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality, are necessary
· Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as are skills in partnership development and the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of audiences
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, supported by good computer and Internet skills, are required
· The candidate should be native English speaker with excellent writing skills; other UN languages would be an asset
· Willingness to travel globally (30%).
This position will preferably be based at WWF International in Switzerland.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on this position, please consult the attached job description. Application deadline: Friday 5th September 2008
Sandra Hails, CEPA Programme Officer
Ramsar Convention Secretariat
Rue Mauverney 28, CH-1196 Gland, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 999 0176; Fax: +41 22 999 0169
Web Site: http://ramsar.org
CEPA mini-Web site: http://ramsar.org/outreach_index.htm