New Web facilities for the Ramsar STRP
The Secretariat is pleased to announce the much anticipated launch of a new Platform for the Convention’s subsidiary scientific advisory body, the Scientific & Technical Review Panel (STRP). The Platform will facilitate the intersessional work of the Panel, and it seeks to enhance communication with Ramsar Contracting Parties, STRP National Focal Points and the whole Ramsar family.
Redevelopment of the Platform has been an ongoing STRP task since the last cycle (2009-2012), continuing into this cycle for development of full functionality. The Platform will replace the old STRP Support Service, developed in the 1990s, which can no longer deliver efficiently the work of the Panel and which lacks a public interface. The new Platform can be accessed here: http://strp.ramsar.org.
The STRP Platform has two key components:
1) The Portal, which is the public space of the website, providing information on STRP activities, meetings and products; and
2) The Workspace, which is a password protected space where STRP members will conduct its intercessional work. Observer organisations, STRP National Focal Points and other wetland experts will have access to the Workspace.
Through the Portal, Ramsar constituents will be able to contribute directly to the work of the STRP by:
• Responding to information requests (i.e. case studies, surveys, literature) placed by STRP members;
• Submitting articles or announcements, with the click of a button, for publication in the quarterly STRP Newsletter;
• Accessing the latest STRP and wetland-related news and activities and publications of the STRP;
• Catching up on upcoming STRP and other wetland related meetings and workshops, through the website’s events calendar; and
• Submitting additional Frequently Asked Questions about the STRP and its work, not currently listed on the website.
We warmly welcome your ideas on how to continue improving the Platform and any wetland-related news, events and activities in your regions.
For any queries related to the Portal please contact: Marcela Bonells, Scientific & Technical Support Officer at email@example.com, and do visit us at: http://strp.ramsar.org/.