Vacancy announcement: Mai Po Nature Reserve, Hong Kong
WWF is a global conservation organization represented in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
The Mai Po Nature Reserve has been known internationally as a haven for migratory birds for decades. The Reserve, covering some 380 ha, was listed as a Wetland of International Importance under the Ramsar Convention in 1995. We are looking for a person with strong leadership and people management skills to join us as:-
Mai Po Nature Reserve Manager (Job Code: W - MPRM)
* Lead a team of over twenty staff to develop and maintain the facilities and habitats at Mai Po Nature Reserve (MPNR) according to the objectives and timetable outlined in the Mai Po Management Plan
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders (Government departments, local and international NGOs, academic institutions, interest groups, experts etc.) regarding the conservation and wise use of the Mai Po/Inner Deep Bay wetlands
* Cooperate and provide support to different internal department and programmes as and when required, especially on issues relating to the conservation of the wider area of wetlands around Deep Bay outside of MPNR
* Work closely with the Communications team to maintain a high level of public awareness on issues relating to the MPNR
* Degree holder or above, passionate about the natural environment and with some knowledge of birds or ecology or environmental management
* With at least 7 years working experience of which 3 years have been at management level
* Knowledge of HK biodiversity and conservation issues or knowledge of tourism/marketing will be a distinct advantage
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, preferably near to native English level. Spoken and written Cantonese/Mandarin would be advantageous
* Proven people and project management experience, good decision making skills, able to lead the team independently
* Strong communications skills, able to withstand external pressures and deal with multiple stakeholders with a variety of interests
We offer a 5-day work week and comparative compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The work location is at our Mai Po Nature Reserve. Interested parties please send your CV with present and expected salary via email: email@example.com. Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only.) It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.