WWF vacancy for Director, Freshwater
Job Vacancy Announcement
WWF International, Director, Freshwater.
Deadline 07 September 2007
WWF International has a new opening for an experienced Director, Freshwater for its Programme Division.
The Director, Freshwater will act as a "hub" for Network conservation expertise and develop common policy positions, programmatic approaches and technical messaging. He/she will also engage with key institutions to ensure that WWF is known, respected and influential in key fora.
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in relevant discipline like environmental policy, environmental law, environment and development or natural resources management
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in conservation, environment and development or policy work
- Proven experience as an effective spokesperson, lobbyist and conservation strategist
- Experience working with governments, corporate sector, aid agencies, civil society, and NGOs; donor relation management, fundraising
- Strong project management skills
- Remote management skills
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills; ability to mentor and develop multi-disciplinary, multicultural teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, other languages an advantage
The exact location of the position will be decided later, depending on WWF's needs and the incumbent.
For further information on the position, please refer to the attached job description (PDF).
And if this sounds like you, we invite you to send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 07 September 2007