WWF position vacancy for Western Melanesia
WWF Representative -- Western Melanesia
WWF, the global conservation organization, is seeking to recruit a WWF Representative - Western Melanesia, for Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional who will lead dynamic and dedicated teams in achieving success in our exciting programme initiatives and manage effective and efficient operating systems so to ensure conservation delivery for our Programme Office based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
The key requirements are:
- An advanced degree or at least 10 years experience in conservation, sustainable development, natural resource management, international development or a relevant field;
- At least 10 years professional experience in leading an organisation, with proven human and financial resources management skills;
- Demonstrated success in engaging with NGOs and key audiences to become involved with sustainable development and/or conservation goals;
- Collaborative, results-focused and able to drive change;
- Extensive experience in fundraising from diverse sources of funding;
- Experience in working with international, multicultural and multilingual organizations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to speak "tok pidgin" of either Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, or both would be an advantage;
- Strong commitment to the WWF Mission and an interest in conservation.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to Ms Shivani Wadhwa, Human Resources Department, at email@example.com . For further information on this position, please consult our web site at http://www.panda.org/jobs.
Application deadline: 30 September 2007.
1196 Gland, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 364 9111
Fax: +41 22 364 7850
WWF for a living planet