World Wetlands Day 2005 -- Italy
For the World Wetlands Day 2005 "There's wealth in wetland diversity - don't lose it", the Italian Ministry for the Environment and Territory involved the management authorities of Italian Ramsar Wetlands in promoting suitable initiatives.
For the occasion many management authorities organized free guided visits and workshops on cultural and biological diversity of wetlands.
We resume initiatives as follows:
- Valle Cavanata: guided visits, workshop and documentary projection for schoolchildren on wetlands;
- Cratere degli Astroni: guided visits, exhibition on wetlands and birdwatching activity on the lake;
- Laguna di Orbetello: guided visits, tour in Laguna di Orbetello, presentation of Ibis Eremita Plan;
- Provincia di Grosseto: free guided visits, free admittance to Multimedial Centre in the "Ximenes Red House" in Diaccia-Botrona natural reserve;
- Torre Guaceto: guided visits, press conference on two projects: "Oro del Parco", concerning the improvement of traditional agriculture, and "Corri scuola per l'Ambiente", concerning school-children's involvement in sport activities in the reserve;
- Saline di Trapani e Paceco: presentation of drawnings and works competition about cultural and biological variety in wetlands, multimedial showings about Ramsar Convention and importance of wetlands;
- Parco del Delta del Po: guided visits, activities on the wetlands role with regard to cultural and biological diversity;
- Istituto per l'Ambiente e l'Educazione Scholé Futuro: magazine articles, video on the cultural and biological diversity of wetlands.
Looking forward to joining together for the next World Wetlands Day, I send you my best regards.
Dr. Aldo Cosentino
"There's wealth in wetland diversity
- don't lose it!"