World Wetlands Day 2005 -- Egypt
http://www.medwetcoast.com/ [The MedWetCoast project has ended but the Web site can be found at http://vinc.s.free.fr/ (2007).]
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 27 February 2005 16:36
To: HAILS Sandra - Ramsar; HIGGINS Valerie - Ramsar
Following is a record of Egyptian activities in celebration of World Wetlands Day WWD 2005:
- A seminar for journalists was held on 10/ 1/ 2005, to introduce them to the importance of wetlands in general and the significance of WWD.
- A training seminar on "Communication, Education and Public Awareness" for rangers was held on 30/ 1/ 2005, to enable them to spread awareness of the wetlands amongst locals, particularly in WWD.
- This year the target audience for celebration in the three protectorates was youths.
- In Zaranik, around 180 youths from local youth centers and scouts attended the WWD celebrations. The celebration consisted of presentations, field trips, clean-up campaigns (conducted by youths), a painting & drawing session to record the nature of the protectorate, games, a knowledge competition and a play.
- In Burullus, around 100 youths from local schools and institutes attended. The program consisted of a presentation, a clean-up campaign conducted by youths, a field trip and a general knowledge competition.
- In Omayed, Around 80 youths from local scout and youth centers attended. The program consisted of a presentation and a clean up campaign conducted by the youths themselves.
- More than 10 articles were published in papers.
National Information Officer
MedWetCoast - Egypt
http://www.medwetcoast.com [The MedWetCoast project has ended but the Web site can be found at http://vinc.s.free.fr/ (2007).]
"There's wealth in wetland diversity
- don't lose it!"