Vacancy at Western Hemisphere Ramsar centre
The Ramsar Regional Center for Training and Research on Wetlands in the Western Hemisphere (CREHO), located in the City of Knowledge, Panama City, was created by the Agreement between the Panamanian Government and the Ramsar Convention Secretariat, on February 28th, 2003, during the 29th Convention Steering Committee Meeting. The general objective of CREHO is "Promote research on the management and wise use of wetlands throughout the Americas, through training and the development of impact assessment tools, methodologies and economic assessment, and the establishment of communication mechanisms".
INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Based on: CREHO. "City of Knowledge", Panama City, Panama
Term contract: 12 months. The first three months on a trial basis
Conditions and salary: Exclusive dedication. Basic salary US$19,500 annual. Expenses from / to the original country will not be covered.
- Support CREHO's Executive Direction in institutional development, fundraising, and implementation of Strategic Plan and annual work plans.
- Projects design and follow up, production of project progress and technical reports at local and regional level.
- Writing and follow up of proposals for project development at local and regional level.
- Produce reports of projects implemented by CREHO, in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Identify potential donors and maintain relations and communication with co-financing organizations.
- Support eventual administrative and technical tasks, in coordination with the Executive Direction.
- Other tasks requested by the Executive Director based on the job description.
- Academic profile: professional in the field of environment, project management, institutional development, social sciences.
- At least 5 years experience. Experience at international sector will add value.
- Proven experience on project design, proposal elaboration, strategic planning, and budget elaboration.
- Skills on software: Word, Excel, Power Point. Software skills on production of diffusion material will be valued (example: Publisher, PageMaker, Photoshop, Corel, others).
- Experience on design of material for diffusion, promotion, environmental education
- Idioms: Perfect Spanish and English. Knowledge of French or Portuguese desirable.
- Country part national of Ramsar Convention.
Specific tasks and frequency:
- Project design based on CREHO's Annual Work Plan, Strategic Plan, Strengthening Needs Assessment, Strengthening Strategic Plan, Regional Training Program, among other documents.
- Plan, coordinate, and elaborate requested and non requested proposals.
- Support identifying opportunities for the organization.
- Organize fundraising travels to support CREHO´s plans and projects.
- Produce promotional and diffusion materials for wetlands and the Center (brochure, corporate Power Point, announcements, posters, others).
- Elaborate a monthly electronic bulletin of the Center - Infohumedal and update the Center's Website, according to time availability.
- Carry out field trips or travels (local or international) according the needs and requirements for the fulfillment of its functions.
- Projects designed with funds approved, according with fundraising program projected.
- Raised funds based on the annual fundraising budget.
Should be sent with the following documents on Spanish or English before November 15th, 2005:
a) Presentation letter and expression of interest.
b) Application form.
c) Currículum vitae, including a recent photo.
d) At least 2 references letters with the person contact information.
Send documents to:
|Ramsar Regional Center for Training and Research on Wetlands in the Western Hemisphere (CREHO) |
Attention: Rosa Montañez
Ref: Institutional Development Officer
|Ramsar Convention Secretariat |
Attention: Margarita Astrálaga
Ref: Institutional Development Officer