Mongolia to host biodiversity conference, September 2004
"Biodiversity of Euro-Asia Continental Wetlands", September 2004
An International Conference on BIODIVERSITY OF EURO-ASIA CONTINENTAL WETLANDS will be organized by the Mongolian State University of Education and Inner Mongolia Normal University in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, September 6-8, 2004.
The biodiversity of water ecosystems is reducing due to drying effects caused by climate change and human activities. Thus conservation of nature and its biodiversity is one of the main goals of sustainable development. This conference will be held to implement the ideas of the Convention on biodiversity (1993) and Convention of conservation of wetlands of the international importance, especially places with abundant migratory birds (1971).
We hope that recommendations from the International Conference on BIODIVERSITY OF EURO-ASIA CONTINENTAL WETLANDS will contribute for conservation of wetlands. Plenary, parallel and poster sections will be organized at this conference. Topics of parallel sections are:
1. Biodiversity and ecosystem function
2. Aquatic plants
3. Aquatic and semiaquatic insects monitoring water indicators
4. Invertebrate in fresh water
5. Diversity of fishes
6. Diversity of birds, amphibians and reptiles
7. Water pollution and its monitoring
8. Long-Term Ecological Research of water ecosystems
9. Problems of conservation of water ecosystems in the protected areas of Mongolia
10. Assessment of biodiversity
11. Marsh resources exploiting utilization and eco-environmental effect
Official language - English
The deadline for the abstract is July 15, 2004. We are planning to print the abstracts before the Conference and distribute at the Conference. The abstract should be written in one page on Times New Roman, size 11 on the paper size A-4. Electronic version of the abstracts should accompany or be sent via E-mail. Please, mark P on your abstract if you are intending to present your paper for the Plenary, S for the Parallel Section and Poster for the Poster Section along with the number of section.
This information can be sent to a following contact address:
|In Mongolia |
Department of Biology, Mongolian State University of Education
|In China |
Department of Biology, Inner Mongolia Normal University,
Huhe-hot, 010022, P.R.China
The Registration Fees
Participants from a developed country 200$
Participants from a developing country 100$
Single apartment 20$
Double apartment 30$
Post Conference Tour
1. September 9 Hustai National Park and river Tuul gol - for 20 participants, each person will pay 35$.
2. September 10-12 Eco tour (Khogno-khaan Natural Reserve, Khar-Korum and Erdenezuu monastery) for 20 participants, each person will pay 150$. The tours will be organized at least 20 persons want to participate in. Please, send tour expences along with the registration fee.
The Registration Fee should be sent before July 15, 2004 to the following accounting
address: Munkhbayar Khorloogiin - Vice Chairman of Organizing Committee, Agricultural Bank of Mongolia, Telex: 79384 MACB MN
Central sub-branch, Account No: 5003083909
Union Bank of California INTL., N.Y.
91 280008 1127 of Agricultural Bank of Mongolia
Organizing Committee of the International Conference
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIODIVERSITY OF EURO-ASIA CONTINENTAL WETLANDS
This form is to be completed and returned before July 15, 2004
Institutional affiliation ..
Tel: . Fax: .. E-mail: ...
Title of paper (abstracts) presented
Post Conference tours (option) .. Tour I .. Tour II