Resolution VII.30: Status of Yugoslavia in the Ramsar Convention
"People and Wetlands: The Vital Link"
7th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties
to the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar, Iran, 1971),
San José, Costa Rica, 10-18 May 1999
1. REFERRING to document Ramsar COP7 DOC. 23 on the status of Yugoslavia in the Convention;
2. NOTING that the Contracting Party ‘The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia’ has ceased to exist and has been replaced by five successor states;
3. TAKING INTO ACCOUNT that successor states in general continue to be bound by the treaty obligations of the predecessor state; and
4. ACKNOWLEDGING that three of the successor states to the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia are Contracting Parties to Ramsar;
THE CONFERENCE OF THE CONTRACTING PARTIES
5. CALLS UPON Bosnia & Herzegovina and the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia to submit to the Depositary a notification of succession to the Ramsar Convention as the other successor states have done.