Ramsar COP8 DOC. 12:
|"Wetlands: water, life, and culture" |
8th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties
to the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar, Iran, 1971)
Valencia, Spain, 18-26 November 2002
Ramsar COP8 DOC. 12
Status of projects managed by the Ramsar Bureau
1. For each activity undertaken by the Bureau which implies a financial transaction outside of the core budget of the Convention, the Bureau opens an internal "project". These activities may imply a contract for which the Bureau receive payments, but in the majority of cases they imply a donation from one or more donors to carry out a particular action, such as holding a meeting, producing a publication or providing funding for small projects.
2. The attached document provide a sucsint information on each one of the 53 "projects" currently under implementation, showing income and expenditure during the period 1 January 1999 to 31 August 2002.
3. In the report of the Secretary General it has been indicated that, as reflected in the audited accounts, the following total amounts have been managed by the Bureau through these projects in the years 1999-2001 (in Swiss francs):
4. The Bureau charges an overhead of 10% on most of these projects in order to pay the salary and social charges of the Project Administration Officer.
5. For more detailed information, Parties may contact Ms. Paulette Kennedy at the Ramsar Bureau (firstname.lastname@example.org) or, during COP8, the Ramsar Bureau Accountant, Mr. Ibrahim Shaame.