40th anniversary video clip contest
The Ramsar Secretariat launched a video clip contest in 2010 to celebrate its 40th anniversary and why we care about wetlands. The students of the IPAC design school in Geneva were asked to be creative and the following 25 video clips demonstrate their innovative spirit.
A jury panel consisting of experts from the art industry and people with an understanding of wetland issues reviewed the 25 entries and ranked them on the following equally-weighted criteria:
- Subject and story line
- Emotional impact
- Film quality (eg. Sound, editing, visuals)
The three winners of the contest are:
First place: Clip 22 - Melody Pepin (3rd year, IPAC design school, Geneva)
Second place: Clip 23 - Emilie Barret (3rd year, IPAC design school, Geneva)
Third place: Clip 14 - Pierre Anodeau (2nd year, IPAC design school, Geneva)
The Ramsar Secretariat invited the three winners of the contest to receive their prizes at a 40th Anniversary reception evening held in Geneva in May 2011.
All video clips can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RamsarConvention#g/u. (Please note the Ramsar Secretariat is publishing the results of the contest and does not endorse or take responsibility of the video clip contents.)
The Ramsar Secretariat thanks warmly the following jury panel for their time and expertise.
- Gaëlle Cuillerot, Marketing Officer, Global Communications Unit, IUCN
- Elma Okic, Video Producer, WWF International
- Christian Kammacher, Artist/designer
- Boris Richard, Mission permanente de la Suisse auprès de l'Office des Nations Unies
- et des autres organisations internationales à Genève
- Members of the Ramsar Secretariat