Interested individuals and organisations are invited to join the Ramsar Culture Network. To learn about how you can get involved, please contact the Manager, Culture & Livelihoods at
The role of Ramsar Culture Network members can include some or all of the following, depending on your circumstances:
- Champion the development of in-region partnerships on culture, livelihoods and wetlands, for example in collaboration with Ramsar’s International Organisation Partners (IOPs) and Ramsar Regional Initiatives.
- Support capacity development relating to the integration of natural and cultural values and livelihoods associated with wetlands.
- Participate in an RCN Thematic Group, actively contribute to the development of the Partnership’s workplan in that area, and act as a link between your organisation and/or constituency and the RCN, to foster a two-way flow of information and ideas.
- Participate in the development of policy and guidance on culture, livelihoods and wetlands, within the context of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands.
- Contribute case studies for an upcoming global report on culture, livelihoods and wetlands.
© Image courtesy of the Livelihoods Fund